Welcome to Unity Explosivo!
- Ok that's it! Explosivo! is over and we have winners!
Your winners are:
1st Place: Singularity Bomb - drJones with 42% of the vote!
Runner Up: Explosion Sculptures - metervara with 30% of the vote!
Everyone else, thanks for participating!
All in all, it looks like most everyone had a good time. Let's keep these contests going and do another soon! Thanks again for doing your part to keep this contest fun & honest!
- The contest entry period is over and all the entries look sweet! Thanks to all who entered!
- Page is now locked to allow for voting! :)
- The voting criteria is simply this: Vote for the coolest & most imaginative explosion (whatever that means to you) and the entry with the most votes wins the grand prize! The entry with the next highest number of votes, takes the runner up prize! After that well, better luck next time! :)
- Let the Voting commence! Unity forum goers (goers eh? wink wink nudge nudge), place your vote here: http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=6110
What is it?
- Simply, Unity users take a fixed amount of time to make cool explosions. Unity users can vote for the coolest & most imaginative explosion at the end and the explosion with the most votes wins!
Satisfy your primal need for blowing things up, in the warm and forgiving arms of Unity. This is a "for-fun" contest (meaning no out-and-out $$, but there is a grand prize incentive courtesy of OTEE!) :P
- 0. Contest runs for 3 weeks from Saturday June 23rd, 2007 @ Midnight until the updated deadline of July 14th 2007 @ Midnight (Saturday night).
- 1. Free Reign! Anyone can enter (Unity trial, Indy, Pro, etc.)!
- 2. Voting will be done via the OTEE Unity forums here (special vote thread to be created near the contest end). Unity Explosivo! announcement on OTEE forums
- 3. Since this is an interactive community, the explosion needs to be user-triggered. Can be an elaborate trigger (wild & crazy) or just "press space to detonate".
- 4. All explosions need to be made public here on the wiki for the benefit of all.
- 5. Enter as many explosions as you like.
- 6. Should be a new explosion effect, made during the time of the contest. So if you are already working on a game called Explosion-A-Go-Go, try to resist the temptation to use your existing stuff eh? :)
- 7. Variety is strongly encouraged (how many ways can you express the idea of an "Explosion!") :)
- 1st Place - Winner will receive a free pass to Unite 2007 the Unity User conference, courtesy the guys at the generous and giving OTEE. The conference is October 10-12th at the San Francisco Film Centre, in (you guessed it) San Francisco California. You will need to arrange travel & lodging for the show, but it remains a $400 value! If the winner already has a pass to the show (cough cough Yoggy! cough), the prize will defer to the runner-up and so forth.
- Runner up - The runner up winner will now receive a full license to Cheetah 3D, courtesy of the very generous Martin Wengenmayer! That's a $129 value folks! Check out the impressive artwork being created with this Unity friendly tool over at: http://www.cheetah3d.com! If the winner already has this prize, it will defer to the next runner-up and so forth.
- All other entrants - will receive no money or prizes, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness. So you'd have that going for you. Also, the satisfaction of standing out amongst your peers with all the fame and notoriety that goes with it (so nothing really!)
If enough entrants, will consider branching into various winner categories; most creative, most elaborate, etc.
And since yes, this is a "for-fun" contest, any zealots please try to stay in the rules and just have some fun will ya!
Ready? Set? Blow!
Official Entries for Voting
Independence Day Soldier
- YOU ARE SOLDIER! Can you make the biggest and bestest!
--yoggy 12:48, 3 July 2007 (MST)
- Explosion sculpture generator with 17 tweakable parameters for maximum flexibility!
--metervara 11:02 4 July 2007 (CEST)
- Links: Kaboom Web Player
--Daniel 10:52, 14 July 2007 (PDT)
- I'm developing this for my game Phoenix Final (although all the code is totally separate for the purpose of this contest). I will be dynamically breaking the original spaceship mesh into random pieces at runtime.
--NCarter 15:17, 5 July 2007 (PDT)
- Links: Singularity Bomb Web Player
--DrJones 06:02, 6 July 2007 (PDT)
Six Bomb - Go forth and Multiply
- Links: Six Bomb Web Player
--cblarsen 17:01, 2 July 2007 (PDT)
M-80 + Bathroom
- Hopefully this is self-explanatory ;) ... Standard WASD plus F to "fling" M-80s into the toilets etc... it's best if you stand still while throwing them or they're not going to go too far. The trash can is really hard to hit.
- Links: M-80 + Bathroom Web Player
--Ethan 8:10, 7 July 2007 (EST)
- I wanted to blow up something big. unfinished but oh well :P Use A & D to activate explosions.
- Links: Kablooey! Web Player
--Pete 8:10, 7 July 2007 (EST)
- Hi, my entry, the instructions are in the HTML itself, master the plasma! is the best!
- Links: Explosives Web Player
--Omar Rojo 06:38, 12 July 2007 (PDT)
Bomb the Barn
- Title is topic. Right-click and choose Go Fullscreen for the most effect. Happy bombing...
- Links: Bomb the Barn Web Player
--Timo 14 July 2007
Entries that, for whatever reason, were pulled from the contest.
Direct Action Training
- The author requested that this entry be pulled from the contest :(
- Booom Booom !
Link is to pre-deadline version.
--Targos 05:17, 13 July 2007 (PDT)