From Unify Community Wiki
Revision as of 19:29, 10 October 2011 by TomoI
Graphical User Interface Scripts
- AutoType - Automaticly types a string of text typewriter style.
- Box_Script - Use this system to easily make simple GUI elements in nice looking boxes with buttons that actually do something useful. All generated at runtime from a MenuStyle.
- Button - Use this script on a guiTexture object for regular push buttons that send a message when clicked.
- Custom_2D_Pointer - Make a custom pointer that changes shape at the edges of the screen.
- Custom Mouse Pointer - Make a custom pointer that and draw it over OnGUI Elements.
- CustomScrollView - Helper-class that implements a scrollview where you can explicitly hide/show the scrollbars. Done with two nested groups
- DraggableGUIElement - Click and drag on GUITexture or GUIText to move it around the screen.
- DragSlider - Use this script with a pair of GUITextures to make a functioning slider.
- DMGInput - Passthrough for the Input.GetMouseButton* functions that will allow you to ignore clicks on registered GUI Rects. (Ex: Click on GUI, and not on the object behind in the scene.
- Fade - General routines that allow fading of GUITextures or materials (including GUITexts) from anywhere, both in and out and using either alpha or colors, with optional easing.
- FadeIn - Allows you to show/hide a GUIText or GUITexture when pressing a key/button.
- FileBrowserWithColumns - Columns style file browser, allows the user to open and save files/folders from a Finder like GUI.
- ForwardAllMouseEvents - Send mouse events to some sort of controller type GameObject.
- GetTimeString - A simple function that can be placed anywhere and used to display times. Useful for racing games.
- GUIBuilder - Generic classes for easing the pain of GUI creation. (BETA)
- GUIFly - Use this script on an object to make it respond to a "Fly" message so that it may move on and off the screen in a pleasing manner.
- GUIHelpers - a simple static class for helpers, AlignRect to start.
- GuiRatioFixer - Use on a GUIText / GUITexture object to automatically adjust aspect ratio
- GuiRatioFixer2 - Alternate script based on screen's aspect to use on a GUIText / GUITexture object to automatically adjust aspect ratio
- GUIScaler - Automatically scale a GUITexture with the screen size / resolution
- GUITextField - A wrapper for GUI.TextField / GUILayout.TextField that implements focussing, allowing text to be "committed" only when the field is unfocussed (very useful for networking code).
- MainMenu - Shows how delegation works in C# in order to switch between different menus on the fly easily
- ObjectLabel - Makes a GUIText label follow an object in 3D space. Useful for things like having name tags over players' heads.
- ScaledRect - A static class that formats Rect values and rescales them based on output screen resolution, handy for dynamically scaling all OnGUI elements.
- ScreenShotMovie - Captures a screenshot sequence for use when making a movie
- SplashScreen - Fade a splash logo in, wait for a certain interval, then fade out, while the next level is loaded.
- TakeScreenshot - Captures sequentially numbered screenshots when a function key is pressed.
- Timer - Attach to a GUIText object to create a fade-able timer.
- ToggleButton - Extends the Button class to create a toggle button.
- ToolbarWrapped - Wraps a toolbar/selection grid to always fit its rectangle.
Unity 2.0 GUI Scripts
- Blinking Text Entry Cursor - Make your cursor blink on input fields
- CustomGetMouseButtonDown - custom wrapper functions for Input.GetMouseButton(Down) which can be modified to block clicks when over a window
- DrawLine - Draws a line in the GUI (makes up for the severe lack of an equivalent function in the GUI class).
- DropDownList - A hierarchy based drop down list that works like the Hierarchy window in Unity.
- FileBrowser - Implement a crude file browser.
- GUICam - Holds GUIRect a rectanle of camera pixelRect in GUI oriented co-oridinates (0,0) is top left
- GUIExtensions - A library of GUI extensions to fill in some missing gaps. Notably: TextArea that auto-selects on focus.
- GUIx - extended GUI functions
- ImprovedFileBrowser - A much better file browser.
- ImprovedSelectionList - A list of elements that can be selected and optionally double-clicked
- IOSTextField - Text fields for iOS with specialized keyboard configurations
- Marquee - Creates a scrolling label that moves from left to right across the screen.
- PasswordField - Allows the user to type in a field masked by *'s (or any other character) [Unity has this built-in now. Leaving it as an example of more complex widget construction, but shouldn't be preferred for actual usage.]
- PauseMenu - Standard pause menu used by Fugu Games for web players and widgets
- PopupList - A button that pops up a selectable list when clicked
- Position To Rect - Convert a GUITexture position to Rect (GUI coordinates)
- SelectList - A list of elements of which one can be selected.
- WithPrefs - Functions that change values and modifies preferences in one simple step
Heads Up Display Scripts
- FramesPerSecond - Use this script on a GUIText object to display FPS counter.
- MessageDisplayer - Use this script on a GUIText object to have a self-disappearing list of status messages.
- MessageList - Create a list of timed self-fading messages.
- Radar - Use this script on a GameObject to display a radar.
Editor GUI Scripts
- EditorGUIExtension - Some extensions to make coding the GUI for utilities/custom inspectors easier.
- TransformInspector - Reverse engineered version of the Unity 3 Transform component inspector. Makes extending the default inspector much easier.
- Custom Inspector Inspector - (snippet) Show a control for editing the custom inspector within the inspector itself. Handy while writing one.
- Element Table Representation - A custom control that lets you display data structs in a table with editable elements.
- WithProgressBar - A stunningly easy way to throw a real progress bar on... almost anything. Extends IEnumerable "with a progress bar".
- EditorWindowCycler - Keyboard shortcuts that cycle through all Editor windows of the given type, rather than just focusing the first one.