From Unify Community Wiki
|| Physics / Simulation
General Purpose Effect Scripts
- Animating Tiled texture - A texture made of many tiles animated through setting the uv offsets
- Animating Tiled texture - Extended - Use one animation cell-sheet texture for many animations and skins.
- Animated Color Procedural Texture - A simple script to make limitless number of textures based on 2d graphs
- ArcBall - Drag the mouse to rotate an object in an intuitive way.
- CameraFacingBillboard - Use this script on a billboard or similar object to make it align itself with the camera.
- CameraRenderSettings - Allows storing seperate render settings per camera - an extended version of the Fog Layer script above.
- Character Shadow - Cast shadows from an object! (requires Unity Pro)
- DoFAutoFocus - An autofocus component for the Pro Depth of Field (DoF) Imageeffect (C#)(Pro).
- Flickering Light - Adds flickering effect to Light object. Flicker styles are Campfire and Fluorescent.
- Flickering Light2 - Adds a flickering effect to the light in a different way.
- Flocking - A flocking script with randomness and target following.
- Fog Layer - Lets you determine per camera if fog should be enabled or disabled
- LookAtCameraYonly - Use this script on a billboard or other object to have it face the camera but only rotate on the Y axis.
- MeleeWeaponTrail - A smoothed TrailRenderer meant for melee weapons of animated 3d models. Based on TimeBasedTrailRenderer.
- MarchingSquares - MarchingSquares (2D Surface Reconstruction)
- MeshMorpher - A Mesh Morpher script with scripting API
- MetaBalls - 3D Metaballs
- MorphTargets - Improved MeshMorpher script with multiple blendable targets
- Noise Library - LibNoise ported to Unity. Perlin, Multirigged Fractal, Voronoi, Billow
- Open Source Particle System - A custom particle system that exposes particle movement deltaTime among other things.
- OptimizedTrailRenderer - Started from Yoggy's trail renderer above, this one updates every frame and is built for one-time use.
- Particle Spiral Effect - Particle effect script for creating spirals, whirlpools, galaxies, etc.
- Perlin Noise - Noise functions for smoothly moving objects around or anything else
- ReverseNormals - Reverses normals & back face culling of a mesh
- RenderTexture Free - Render Texture with Unity Free.
- Scrolling UVs - C# script that smoothly scrolls a material's UVs in an arbitrary direction. Supports arbitrary material names and material indices.
- SetRenderQueue - Sets the render queue for transparency sorting on an object or all of its children.
- Shadow Volumes in Alpha - Shadow volume based shadows (requires Unity Pro)
- Skinned Morph Targets - A set of scripts for morphing skinned meshes, including support for animating blend shapes together with skeletal animation.
- SoftBodies - Cloth, Springy Noodles, Jello Blocks, etc..
- StopEmittingAfterDelay - After a configurable delay, particles will fade naturally, then finally the object will get destroyed with autodestruct.
- Spline Controller - Interpolates any GameObject along a user-defined spline
- SVG - Render SVG Files.
- TextureMask - A simple shader for masking off areas of a texture.
- Texture swap animator - Feed it a bunch of textures and it will cycle through them. Useful for simple animations not on a texture atlas.
- TextureFromCamera - A behaviour that textures a GameObject with what the given Camera sees.
- TubeRenderer - LineRenderer too flat? Make it a tube instead.
- TimeBasedTrailRenderer - The Built in trail renderer does not fade its segments based on the time they have been alive. This one does.
- Trail Arc Renderer - Designed for melee trail swings, this creates a trail using Catmull-Rom spline interpolation
- Underwater Script - Simple underwater effects script. Works with indie!
- VectorLine - Renders a 2D vector line with an arbitrary width, color, and number of segments (requires Unity Pro)
Image Postprocessing Effects
These scripts require Unity Pro.
- BloomEffect (OBSOLETE) - Sometimes referred to as "glow", use this effect to make bright parts in your scene bleed. This script is made obsolete by the GlowEffect shipped with Unity 1.5.
- BoostColors - A very simple and fast way to boost the contrast of saturation of the graphics in your game.
- InvertCamera - A simple script that will invert everything rendered by a camera.