Welcome to the Snippet Wiki
The Snippet Wiki is part of the Unify Web experience and is a place to find and share Unity scripts, wizards, etc. One of our primary goals right now is to have source code syntax highlighting. If you can help us with this, please let us know by heading over to the Unity Forum.
dh0 has syntax highlighting working on his local test wiki. Feel free to test your code in that wiki. It will soon be working here too. The usage is simple. <csharp>/*csharp code here*/</csharp>.
The syntax highlighting could be improved. For example, It would be great if Unity calls in code could link to Unity documentation. Just like how the new keyword links to msdn.
More status will be added when Jeff wakes up.
Character Controller Scripts
- AManagerClass - example on how to add easy access to a singleton class in a scene.
General Purpose Effect Scripts
- StopEmittingAfterDelay - After a configurable delay, particles will fade naturally, then finally the object will get destroyed with autodestruct.
Graphical User Interface Scripts
- Button - Use this script on a guiTexture object for regular push buttons that send a message when clicked.
- GuiRatioFixer - Use on a guiText/guiTexture object to automatically adjust aspect ratio
Heads Up Display Scripts
- MessageDisplayer - Use this script on a GUIText object to have a self-disappearing list of status messages.
Wizards -- These go in the Assets/Editor folder in your project.
- PlaceSelectionOnSurface - Takes the current selection and raycasts downward from each object and moves them to where they hit.
Go to User's Guide for usage and configuration help.