(→'''Leviathan Crash''': Added link)
m (Protected "Unity Explosivo!": contest closed! [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
Revision as of 00:08, 15 July 2007
Welcome to Unity Explosivo!
Simply, Unity users take a fixed amount of time to make cool explosions. Unity users will vote for the coolest & most imaginative explosion at the end and the explosion with the most votes wins!
Satisfy your primal need for blowing things up, in the warm and forgiving arms of Unity. This is a "for-fun" contest (meaning no out-and-out $$, but there is a grand prize incentive courtesy of OTEE!) :P
- 0. Contest runs for 3 weeks from Saturday June 23rd, 2007 @ Midnight until the updated deadline of July 14th 2007 @ Midnight (Saturday night).
- 1. Free Reign! Anyone can enter (Unity trial, Indy, Pro, etc.)!
- 2. Voting will be done via the OTEE Unity forums here (special vote thread to be created near the contest end). Unity Explosivo! announcement on OTEE forums
- 3. Since this is an interactive community, the explosion needs to be user-triggered. Can be an elaborate trigger (wild & crazy) or just "press space to detonate".
- 4. All explosions need to be made public here on the wiki for the benefit of all.
- 5. Enter as many explosions as you like.
- 6. Should be a new explosion effect, made during the time of the contest. So if you are already working on a game called Explosion-A-Go-Go, try to resist the temptation to use your existing stuff eh? :)
- 7. Variety is strongly encouraged (how many ways can you express the idea of an "Explosion!") :)
- 1st Place - Winner will receive a free pass to Unite 2007 the Unity User conference, courtesy the guys at the generous and giving OTEE. The conference is October 10-12th at the San Francisco Film Centre, in (you guessed it) San Francisco California. You will need to arrange travel & lodging for the show, but it remains a $400 value! If the winner already has a pass to the show (cough cough Yoggy! cough), the prize will defer to the runner-up and so forth.
- Runner up - The runner up winner will now receive a full license to Cheetah 3D, courtesy of the very generous Martin Wengenmayer! That's a $129 value folks! Check out the impressive artwork being created with this Unity friendly tool over at: http://www.cheetah3d.com! If the winner already has this prize, it will defer to the next runner-up and so forth.
- All other entrants - will receive no money or prizes, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness. So you'd have that going for you. Also, the satisfaction of standing out amongst your peers with all the fame and notoriety that goes with it (so nothing really!)
If enough entrants, will consider branching into various winner categories; most creative, most elaborate, etc.
And since yes, this is a "for-fun" contest, any zealots please try to stay in the rules and just have some fun will ya!
Ready? Set? Blow!
Instructions on adding your submissions here
- Click the edit button above at the top of the screen. Next copy and paste the example entry below, starting with the "----" line down to the duplicate line "----" at the bottom of the example entry (forgive the horizontal line abuse, it's just easier this way).
- Rename text within your copied version "== Example Entry ==" to match your entry name, and give it a brief description if you want.
- Edit the links to match the location of your content. Can be a webplayer, or stand alone hosted offsite. Be sure to check all links are correct before saving!
- Add your name & date by clicking on the button above, 2nd from right (looks like a scribble). Don't worry if you don't see your name & date after clicking this, Wiki has it's own internal language and will know what to do.
- Verify by clicking the "Show preview" button below, then if all is well, click on the "Save page" button below.
- Big badda boom! is counting down! Brace yourselves!
- Links: Test link to show how urls are stored on the wiki. This link is broken, so be sure to edit this!
--casemon 17:01, 2 July 2007 (PDT)
Independence Day Soldier
- YOU ARE SOLDIER! Can you make the biggest and bestest!
--yoggy 12:48, 3 July 2007 (MST)
Explosion sculpture generator with 17 tweakable parameters for maximum flexibility!
- Link: L-System Explosion
--metervara 11:02 4 July 2007 (CEST)
War as Entertainment
- Under wraps for the moment I hope I have time to finish!
- Links: Coming soon!
--casemon 11:35, 5 July 2007 (PDT)
--Daniel 10:52, 14 July 2007 (PDT)
- I'm developing this for my game Phoenix Final (although all the code is totally separate for the purpose of this contest). I will be dynamically breaking the original spaceship mesh into random pieces at runtime.
- Links: Leviathan Explosion
--NCarter 15:17, 5 July 2007 (PDT)
- Links: 
--DrJones 06:02, 6 July 2007 (PDT)
Six Bomb - Go forth and Multiply
- Links: Web Player
--cblarsen 17:01, 2 July 2007 (PDT)
Direct Action Training
Booom Booom !
- Links-This has been updated-- 
--Targos 05:17, 13 July 2007 (PDT)
M-80 + Bathroom
- Hopefully this is self-explanatory ;) ... Standard WASD plus F to "fling" M-80s into the toilets etc... it's best if you stand still while throwing them or they're not going to go too far. The trash can is really hard to hit.
- Links: Web Player  Standalone  Project 
--Ethan 8:10, 7 July 2007 (EST)
- I wanted to blow up something big. unfinished but oh well :P my server's down so you'll have to dl a zip that has a web player for now.
- Links: 
--Pete 8:10, 7 July 2007 (EST)
- Hi, my entry, the instructions are in the HTML itself, master the plasma! is the best!
- Links: 
--Omar Rojo 06:38, 12 July 2007 (PDT)
Bomb the Barn
- Title is topic. Happy bombing...
Mac Universal Standalone: 
Win Standalone: 
--Timo 23:05 14 July 2007