From Unify Community Wiki
Revision as of 17:35, 26 August 2006 by NCarter
- Moving and Copying Unity Assets - Don't use the Finder!
- Common Scripting Pitfalls - We've all been there. Here's the place to learn so you don't go there frequently.
- Customized Packaging - How to customize the Unity packaging process, which occurs after a build.
- Font Creation - An Adobe Illustrator template file to help create font textures.
- Window Layout - Shows how to achieve three tall columns and a horizontally split view.
- Unity User Interface - Short tips to speed up using Unity
- VRAM tips - Chart of texture compression sizes in VRAM
- Creating Screen Savers - Use the unity web player to create Unity screen savers.
- General Performance Tips - These guidelines provide a ballpark for making a decently performing game with Unity.
- Event Execution Order - The order in which events in your scripts are called by Unity.
- Tip of the day - User provided tip of the day.
3D application tips
- 3D Applications - Which 3D applications are compatible with Unity.
- Blender - Some critical tips for using Blender with Unity.
- Maya - Tips and tricks for using Maya with Unity
- dim3 Inspire - Tips and tricks for using dim3 Inspire with Unity
2D application tips
- Free Textures - Web sites with free textures, backgrounds and photography.
Audio application tips
- Music Applications - A selection of music applications which may be suitable for game development work.
General integration tips
- Playing Your Game From A Text Editor - An AppleScript which starts your Unity game from within your text editor.