Tip of the day
From Unify Community Wiki
Revision as of 08:16, 27 June 2006 by Aarku
- When entering text in the Inspector view, you can press option-return to get a new line. This is useful for writing multiline things with GUIText objects.
- If you only have one editor view and no game views in the Unity pane set up, the editor view will be automatically replaced with a game view when you enter play mode and back again when you press stop. Nice if you have limited screen space. (Ie. like my 12" PowerBook)
- If for some reason objects and the background within your scene go all streaky and messed up, try deleting the main camera (be careful if it has 'children') and add a new one in its place. It means you dont have to start your scene from scratch!
- -(N.B. this may have been sorted in the recent release; 1.5)
- Use Tags to assign your own categories and attributes to game objects. Then scripts can refer to the tags. Example: if (contact.otherCollider.tag == "Enemy") or GameObject.FindWithTag ("Enemy")
- If you want to move a file inside of a project use Unity's project view to move it and not the Finder. This way all references and import settings of the file will be maintained.
Note: Place your new tip at the top of the list, not at the bottom.