I've added 2 basic templates Delete and Cleanup, to be added to pages that need just that deleted or cleaned up.
Audio To be deleted due to being a blank page (I'll assume the contents were moved to another page)
Activating buttons to be cleaned up as there is no formatting.
I've also started a new category area "Notice templates" for the templates I've created. Hope all is ok with this TomoI 08:20, 19 September 2011 (PDT)
- I think it deserves some debate among the community before a decision is made. Unfortunately, wiki talk pages make a terrible forum and I doubt that many users would even read this. It probably needs to be taken to the main Unity forum. --NCarter 14:24, 2 September 2011 (PDT)
Main Page Layout
The main page is very uninviting in my opinion, so I would like to propose a style change. I've used my userpage as a test area. Here. I just figure the wiki admins can gain some inspiration for the main page.
- Thanks. I've applied your suggested layout pretty much as is. I think it's a great improvement. --NCarter 14:08, 2 September 2011 (PDT)
- looks good. Thanks for taking me up on the suggestion. I look forward to seeing it expanded upon. -- TomoI 16:07, 3 September 2011 (GMT+1)
The main page is currently locked as it is often a target for spammers (and occasionally gets messed up by legitimate users by mistake). Please post a message here if you have a compelling reason to alter the main page. --NCarter 06:09, 29 January 2011 (PST)
I've done some work on fixing the syntax highlighter to work properly/better. My changes have been logged here for future reference. Please note that there's a known problem with C-style comments as described on that page! If you see any other issues with syntax highlighting, or if you know how to fix the comment bug, please let me know. --NCarter 09:25, 8 December 2008 (PST)
It seems since the downtime and the "take-over" the cody highlighting doesn't work the way it has before. It seems it now follows the same rules as on UnityAnswers (indent code by 4 spaces). My question is, should we remove the "syntaxhighlight" tags which are currently not not recognised and format the code like in UA, or will it get fixed? Thanks --Bunny83 (talk) 01:54, 10 August 2012 (CEST)
Thanks to Jeff we now have image uploads. We shouldn't go nuts on them and tax his graciously donated server power for this wiki. The Upload file is in the toolbox on the left. There is a sample in the Blender tips page.
Call for Article Requests!
Your ideas are appreciated.--Aarku 21:55, 24 April 2006 (GMT)
- How about creating a section for creating assets utilizing other programs? Or is this only for direct Unity stuff? --AGhost
- No, any requests will do. I, however, am only most useful for audio, Photoshop, or programming stuff. --Aarku 11:01, 26 April 2006 (GMT)
- Okay, here's a request - any tips people have for working with Houdini (Apprentice) and Unity... PlanetTimmy 13:14, 30 November 2010 (PST)
- I think some articles on basic scripting, best practices for coding, etc. would be the most helpful. I've had a hard time figuring out how to use Unity's objects correctly.
- Summary of the effective differences of picking the different scripting languages (C# vs. JS vs. Boo). -- podperson
- List of useful links for Mono documentation, etc. -- podperson
- I think would be great have script examples of Combine Multiple SkinnedMeshes at Runtime in Unity -- gabrielmsantos
- I don't know if it is possible with a plug-in but CMD-A while focused on a text field should highlight all the text, not everything in the scene. -- Rennat
Sorry for your time.... Why i can't see images on this resource? My Browser is: Opera. Thank you.
Neither setting a Live Bookmark in Firefox nor clicking on the rss and / or atom links from [New Pages] appears to function; both give an error. Can I help fix this? /me loves RSS
- RSS now fixed. Was a leading space in GeSHiHighlight.php (Keli, watch those leading spaces!). This sort of silly thing should be fixed in php6.
New Material Archive
Could we add a material archive? This could include render materials, but I think more importantly, it should include physics materials. Although physicMaterials are fairly simple to put together, tweaking to get the values just right to be realistic is a pain and having a resource of correct materials to base your created materials off of would really help. Thanks. -Slippyd 17:57, 31 March 2007 (PDT)
- Sounds good to me. --Aarku 11:47, 1 April 2007 (PDT)
- If no one states any complaints, I think I will start adding some render materials and physics materials that seem to be pretty basic and useful (in a couple weeks after I'm done with this project deadline). It is a wiki, afterall. -Slippyd 13:21, 6 April 2007 (PDT)
It would be great to include in the wiki the same language system that uses wikipedia, we could translate the pages into several languages and become more international.
Here I leave a link where it talks about how to implement it:
Yllelder 19:27, 7 November 2011 (PST)