Maybe this is obvious to experienced users, but I have no idea how to
"choose Transform Copier -> Copy Transform. "
Where do you choose that from?
Anyway, thanks for your work!
- This line tells you where the menu item is added: [MenuItem ("Custom/Transform Copier/Copy Transform")]. It creates a top level menu named Custom and adds the item under it. --NCarter 11:27, 17 April 2012 (PDT)
That's a nice little script you've done there. Here are some suggestions for extending it.
- Add a validation function to the Copy Transform menu item, so it is greyed out if there is no current selection or if it is not a Game Object.
- Add a validation function to the Paste Transform menu item, so it is greyed out when no transform has been copied or if the selection is not valid.
- After copying a transform draw a gizmo at the location objects will be moved to.
- When pasting use Selection.GetTransforms to only get top-level, editable game objects from the selection and apply the transform to each of them.
--KeliHlodversson 07:59, 20 October 2006 (GMT)