From Unify Community Wiki
|| Physics / Simulation
- AManagerClass - How to add easy access to a singleton class in a scene.
- AStarHelper - Textbook implementation of the A* pathing routine.
- BasicDataStructures - Discussion of the use of the data-structures available in Unity.
- BooMessenger - An efficient and simple to use messaging platform. Allows hierarchial grouping of message types.
- CoroutineScheduler - A coroutine scheduler implementation. Gain a better understanding of coroutines.
- CoUpdate - An alternative to Update which support yield instructions. Benefit from cleaner code.
- Executors Framework - A framework for multi-threading without getting a headache. (Warning: The Unity API is not thread-safe)
- CSharpEventManager - C# implementation of a messaging/notification system. Allows subscription to events without referencing their definitions.
- CSharpMessenger - Another C# messaging/notification system implemented using delegates and generics.
- CSharpMessenger Extended - C# messaging system using delegates and generics. Based on CSharpMessenger but has more error detection.
- FakeGizmoDemo - simple example of creating a fake Gizmo - a three-arrow axis, mouse-moveable, that can be applied to an object at Runtime, not just during editing. Also contains an example of Procedural Mesh Creation - using only code to create an in-game mesh object from vertices and triangles.
- MessageRouter - subscription based messaging with delayed notification, delivery stages, message filtering, tagging, and receiver assertions
- NotificationCenter - Register scripts to receive and post notifications. Handles messaging across scripts without references to each other. (See also NotificationCenterGenerics for a version that has stricter typing.)
- SimpleRegex - How one might use regular expressions in Unity.
- SQLite - How to integrate SQLite into your project.
- ToggleGravity - How to toggle a property, in this case the global gravity setting, by the left mouse button.
- AddChild - Adds an empty GameObject as a child of each selected object.
- Angle - Helper class to work with angles.
- ArrayPrefs - Functions for saving and loading arrays of ints, floats, and strings using PlayerPrefs. (Made obsolete by ArrayPrefs2.)
- ArrayPrefs2 - Faster and better than ArrayPrefs. Save/load Vector2, Vector3, Quaternion, Color as well as a bunch of different array types.
- Autorun - Execute some code exactly once, whenever the project is opened, recompiled, or run.
- AutoSave - This script creates a new window in the editor with a autosave function. It is saving your current scene with an interval from 1 minute to 10 minutes.
- BoneDebug - Draws debug bones in a character.
- BoolPrefs - Adds GetBool and SetBool, which are missing from PlayerPrefs.
- Bresenham3D - An enumerator that allows you to loop through all integer Vector3's along a line.
- ComponentInstantiationUtility - Static C# class that allows you to instantiate pre-parented components as game objects with one easy line of code.
- CustomRandom - C# Random number generator, when you must have a random number generator that works the same way on all platforms!
- DeepCopy - Creates a deep copy of an array or hashtable.
- deepSearch - Searches recursively from the parent down.
- ExtRandom - An extension to the Unity class Random
- FingerManager - Easily manage multi-touch phases for iPhone.
- GeneralTimer - A simple timer component that includes a few extra methods for ease of use.
- HexConverter - Functions for converting decimal colors to hexadecimal... and back.
- HSBColor - This utility script provides a HSB color model in addition to Unity's built in RGB Color class.
- Interpolate - Interpolation utility functions for easing, Bezier splines, and Catmull-Rom splines.
- IsVisibleFrom - An extension method for checking if an Renderer is rendered by a specific Camera.
- IPhoneToMouse - Replaces iPhoneInput commands with Input so you can use it in PC/Mac Version too.
- LABColor - This utility script provides an LAB color model. Lab color is designed to approximate human vision and so it aspires to perceptual uniformity.
- LanguageFilter - Removes badwords from strings using regular expressions.
- LayerMaskExtensions - Extension class to add usability and easier debugging to LayerMasks.
- Layers - A utility script for holding easily-accessible layers and easily creating masks.
- Mathfx - This script contains a growing number of small and useful math functions (short for Mathf eXtended).
- Matrix - A class for doing 3D matrix math against Vector3 objects.
- MazeGenerator - Randomly generates a maze.
- MD5 - Generate an MD5 hash for a string.
- MeshCreationHelper - Helper to create a new mesh from some mesh's submesh.
- MeshMerger - Draw a large number of meshes with a single draw call.
- MeshSmoother - Deformation of a mesh by applying Laplacian/HC-Algorithm Smoother, also script for finding adjacent vertices in a mesh.
- MeshSubdivision - Center and edge subdivision.
- MetadataSystem - Mechanism for ciphered, compressed preferences and declarative metadata system with runtime overrides.
- MetaMorph - MetaMorph is a Unity3d and Blender3d toolkit that allows mesh animation in Unity games using Blender shapekeys.
- ObjExporter - A simple utility class for exporting a mesh to an obj file.
- ObjExporterColorUvs - Enhanced version of ObjExporter that also exports vertex color and multiple uvsets to an obj file.
- ObjImporter - Import .obj files at runtime.
- PlaySoundAtInterval - Plays a sound file at the specified intervals of time.
- PolyContainsPoint - Like Rect.Contains, except instead of a rect, you can define any arbitrary polygon.
- PolyOrderFixupOnImport - Replaces original polygon ordering in a mesh after possible unwanted optimizations by Unity.
- PrintPolyCount - Prints total vertex and triangle count in the object hierarchy.
- PropertyListSerializer - Loads and saves a .plist XML file to and from a hierarchical hashtable.
- QuaternionExtensions - A set of useful extension methods to the inbuilt Quaternion struct.
- ReflectedObject - Reflects a target object, providing quick access by name to reading/writing its fields/properties, and calling its methods.
- Set - A set data structure.
- Shell - A replacement for the built-in shell function removed from Unity 1.6.1.
- SimpleDictionary - Implements a simple dictionary-like object AND lets you save/load the dictionaries to text files.
- Simple LOD Manager - Script to handle arbitrary number and distances for Level-Of-Detail in models
- SpeedLerp - Replacements for Mathf.Lerp, InverseLerp, SmoothStep, etc. that are typically 1.5X faster or more. Also adds Vector2Lerp and SuperLerp.
- Startup Manager - A singleton class that handles starting up scripts in a sorted order based on a priority variable
- StringToValue - Functions for finding data within a string.
- StringUtil - Word wrap and line count functions.
- TextScanner - A utility class for parsing strings using std C sscanf format strings.
- TextureDrawCircle - A function that draws circles inside a texture.
- TextureDrawLine - A function that draws lines inside a texture.
- TextureScale - Resize textures, while scaling the contents using either bilinear or point filtering.
- TextureUtils - Functions for colorizing, masking, and merging textures at runtime.
- TileSelector - An Inspector extension that creates a pop-up window to select a tile or a NxM group of tiles from a main tileset, for use in a sprite object.
- TinyXmlReader - A class that reads XML text and parses it for use.
- Triangulator - A utility class for splitting a 2D polygon into triangles.
- UnitSphere - A collection of random unit vector generating functions. (C#)
- Unity_Custom_Input_Manager - Allows you to change input configuration on the fly. Default inputmanager only allows you to change on start.
- UnityPaint - A script to draw anti-aliased lines, brush strokes and vector lines on a texture.
- UVTransfer - Editor script to transfer UVs between two models.
- VertexInfo - Displays the vertex numbers of a mesh at the runtime.
- XKCDColors - A collection of 948 color constants, from the xkcd color survey (C#).
Really Simple Scripts
- 3DMenu - A simple main menu for 3d text in your scene
- ConstantVelocity - Set a local velocity to an object (useful for missiles perhaps?)
- Flashlight - Allows the switching on and off of a light in script.
- UpdatePump - Register any method in any object to be called in one of Unity's update loops.
- OnCollideExplode - Spawn a prefab (explosion) on collision, and remove the GameObject from the game.
- OnCollideSound - Spawn a prefab (preferably a sound) if a collision is over a certain magnitude.
- OnExplosionEffect - Give an explosive effect over an area.
- OnMouseDown - Sends OnMouseDown messages on an iPhone.
- PointerManager - Hides the mouse pointer when it is not in use.
- SwitchCamera - Switches between cameras in your scene.
- Teleporter - Teleport all objects from one place to another.