From Unify Community Wiki
Revision as of 09:41, 20 August 2007 by KeliHlodversson
- Headbobber - This script makes an object bob up and down smoothly when you're pressing one or both of the horizontal/vertical axes.
- SmoothFollow2 - This is designed to make a camera smoothly follow a ship in space.
Character Controller Scripts
- Force2D - Place this script on a GameObject and have it constrained to two dimensions.
- ShipControls - Place this script on a RigidBody for 2D spaceship controls like OverWhelmed Arena.
- VariableSpeedFPSwalker - An FPS walker script having different speeds for walking forward, strafing, and backpedaling
- RigidbodyFPSWalker - An physics based FPS walker that works with rigidbodies and thus is affected by forces, joints or other rigidbodies
- PhysicsFPSWalker - Another physics based fps walker script
- DebugConsole - A script to allow scrolling feedback from your scripts.
- UUnit - a Simple xUnit framework that can be run inside Unity.
- BasicDataStructures - discussion on the use of the data-structures available in unity.
- AManagerClass - example on how to add easy access to a singleton class in a scene.
- SimpleRegex - example of how one might use regular expressions in Unity to do something useful.
- ToggleGravity - example how to toggle a property, in this case the global gravity setting, by the left mouse button.
General Purpose Effect Scripts
- TimeBasedTrailRenderer - The Built in trail renderer does not fade it's segments based on the time they have been alive. This on does.
- CameraFacingBillboard - Use this script on a billboard or similar object to make it align itself with the camera.
- LookAtCameraYonly - Use this script on a billboard or other object to have it face the camera but only rotate on the Y axis.
- StopEmittingAfterDelay - After a configurable delay, particles will fade naturally, then finally the object will get destroyed with autodestruct.
- Perlin Noise - Noise functions for smoothly moving objects around or anything else
- Animating Tiled texture - A texture made of many tiles animated through setting the uv offsets
- Character Shadow - Cast shadows from an object! (requires Unity Pro)
- Fog Layer - Lets you determine per camera if fog should be enabled or disabled
- CameraRenderSettings - Allows storing seperate render settings per camera - an extended version of the Fog Layer script above.
- ReverseNormals - Reverses normals & back face culling of a mesh
- MeshMorpher - A Mesh Morpher script with scripting API
Graphical User Interface Scripts
- Custom_2D_Pointer - Make a custom pointer that changes shape at the edges of the screen.
- Box_Script - Use this system to easily make simple GUI elements in nice looking boxes with buttons that actually do something useful. All generated at runtime from a MenuStyle.
- Button - Use this script on a guiTexture object for regular push buttons that send a message when clicked.
- DraggableGUIElement - Click and drag on GUITexture or GUIText to move it around the screen.
- FadeIn - Allows you to show/hide a GUIText or GUITexture when pressing a key/button.
- ForwardAllMouseEvents - Send mouse events to some sort of controller type GameObject.
- GUIFly - Use this script on an object to make it respond to a "Fly" message so that it may move on and off the screen in a pleasing manner.
- GuiRatioFixer - Use on a GUIText /GUITexture object to automatically adjust aspect ratio
- GuiRatioFixer2 - Alternate script based on screen's aspect to use on a GUIText /GUITexture object to automatically adjust aspect ratio
- ToggleButton - Extends the Button class to create a toggle button.
- DragSlider - Use this script with a pair of GUITextures to make a functioning slider.
- TakeScreenshot - Captures sequentially numbered screenshots when a function key is pressed.
- ScreenShotMovie - Captures a screenshot sequence for use when making a movie
- GetTimeString - A simple function that can be placed anywhere and used to display times. Useful for racing games.
- GUIBuilder - Generic classes for easing the pain of GUI creation. (BETA)
- AutoType - Automaticly types a string of text typewriter style.
Heads Up Display Scripts
- MessageDisplayer - Use this script on a GUIText object to have a self-disappearing list of status messages.
- FramesPerSecond - Use this script on a GUIText object to display FPS counter.
Image Postprocessing Effects (require Unity Pro)
- BloomEffect (OBSOLETE) - Sometimes referred to as "glow", use this effect to make bright parts in your scene bleed. This script is made obsolete by the GlowEffect shipped with Unity 1.5.
- BoostColors - A very simple and fast way to boost the contrast of saturation of the graphics in your game.
- InvertCamera - A simple script that will invert everything rendered by a camera.
- JukeboxController - A very basic jukebox class. This can be used to manage multiple audio clips across different levels.
- VersionCheck - A very basic version checker. This can be used to check if the version of the game the user is running is the latest, and if not, send them to a URL to download the latest.
- MeshSerializer - Save Unity meshes to files for the Web, load them with WWW interface.
- CookieCutter - Access browser cookies from Unity web players.
- UnityObject - A nice & clean way to embed .unityweb in your web browser. Plugin Detection, Communication, Clean HTML
- GetXMLHack - Get XML data into the web player using browser script instead of WWW() (which has been buggy for me!)
- Server Side Highscores - A complete tutorial for implementing a server side php script for storing high scores and how to post the scores to the server.
- NetworkCursor - Serverless realtime networking. An example where one Unity instance controls another via a TCP/IP socket. Could be expanded to do many types of realtime networking.
- Server - TCP network host, based on NetworkCursor, but expanded to do more.
- Sender - Uses a Server to send data from the parent object to whatever is on the other end of the connection.
- Simple TCP/IP Client - Server - This contains source code for C# that you can use to create a server for Windows and a DLL in C# that you can use with Unity
- AddChild - Adds an empty GameObject as a child of each selected object.
- AddComponentRecursively - Adds a component to an object, and all the children of that object.
- CopyTransform - Copies the local transform of the selected game instance in the scene and then pastes it into another one you select.
- DeleteComponentsInChildren - Helps to delete a special type of components which are attached to the children of the selected Gameobject.
- FindObjects - Find objects by name or attached component type.
- InsertParent - An alternative to the built-in Make Parent command, this script inserts a new GameObject which becomes the parent of all selected objects.
- SnapToGrid - Snaps objects to a grid in 3 dimensions.
- Take3DScreenshot - Take a "3d screenshot"; a series of screenshots captured while rotating around a given object. Useful for QTVR creation.
- ToggleActiveRecursively - Activates/deactivates entire hierarchies at once.
- HSBColor - This utility script provides a HSB color model in addition to Unity's built in RGB Color class.
- Mathfx - This script contains a growing number of small and useful math functions. (Short for Mathf eXtended.)
- Matrix - A class for doing 3D matrix math against Vector3 objects
- ObjExporter - A simple utility class for exporting a mesh to an obj file
- PrintPolyCount - Prints total vertex and triangle count in the object hierarchy.
- TextScanner - A utility class for parsing strings using std C sscanf format strings
- Layers - A utility script for holding easily-accessible layers and easily creating masks
- StringUtil - Word wrap and line count functions.
- Shell - A replacement for the built-in shell function removed from Unity 1.6.1
- Set - A set data structure.
- MD5 - Generate an MD5 hash for a string
- VertexInfo - Displays the vertex numbers of a mesh at the runtime
- SICK Laser Scanner - This script simulates the SICK LMS type planar laser scanner
- IMU Inertial Measurement Unit - This script simulates an IMU providing velocities and accelerations of the object it is attached to in the objects local frame.
- GPS Global Positioning System - This script simulates a GPS device providing real world GPS locations based on a reference point
- Compass - This script simulates a compass with North relative to the Z axis of a reference object
- GameTime - This script rotates a directional light to match the rotation of the sun based on the system time.
- Gravity - Simulates body-to-body gravity (i.e. planetary gravity)