From Unify Community Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
(→Graphical User Interface Scripts)
|Line 313:||Line 313:|
*[[DontGoThroughThings]] - Script that uses raycasting to avoid fast-moving objects going through obstructions.
*[[DontGoThroughThings]] - Script that uses raycasting to avoid fast-moving objects going through obstructions.
*[[DragObject]] - Similar to DragRigidbody (drag rigidbodies around with the mouse), but much more stable and with more direct control.
*[[DragObject]] - Similar to DragRigidbody (drag rigidbodies around with the mouse), but much more stable and with more direct control.
== Simulation Scripts ==
== Simulation Scripts ==
Revision as of 03:40, 26 September 2011
- AManagerClass - How to add easy access to a singleton class in a scene.
- AStarHelper - Textbook implementation of the A* pathing routine.
- BasicDataStructures - Discussion of the use of the data-structures available in Unity.
- BooMessenger - An efficient and simple to use messaging platform. Allows hierarchial grouping of message types.
- CoroutineScheduler - A coroutine scheduler implementation. Gain a better understanding of coroutines.
- CoUpdate - An alternative to Update which support yield instructions. Benefit from cleaner code.
- Executors Framework - A framework for multi-threading without getting a headache. (Warning: The Unity API is not thread-safe)
- CSharpEventManager - C# implementation of a messaging/notification system. Allows subscription to events without referencing their definitions.
- CSharpMessenger - Another C# messaging/notification system implemented using delegates and generics.
- CSharpMessenger Extended - C# messaging system using delegates and generics. Based on CSharpMessenger but has more error detection.
- FakeGizmoDemo - simple example of creating a fake Gizmo - a three-arrow axis, mouse-moveable, that can be applied to an object at Runtime, not just during editing. Also contains an example of Procedural Mesh Creation - using only code to create an in-game mesh object from vertices and triangles.
- MessageRouter - subscription based messaging with delayed notification, delivery stages, message filtering, tagging, and receiver assertions
- NotificationCenter - Register scripts to receive and post notifications. Handles messaging across scripts without references to each other.
- SimpleRegex - How one might use regular expressions in Unity.
- SQLite - How to integrate SQLite into your project.
- ToggleGravity - How to toggle a property, in this case the global gravity setting, by the left mouse button.
- Angle - Helper class to work with angles.
- ArrayPrefs - Functions for saving and loading arrays of ints, floats, and strings using PlayerPrefs. (Made obsolete by ArrayPrefs2.)
- ArrayPrefs2 - Faster and better than ArrayPrefs. Save/load Vector2, Vector3, Quaternion, Color as well as a bunch of different array types.
- BoneDebug - Draws debug bones in a character.
- BoolPrefs - Adds GetBool and SetBool, which are missing from PlayerPrefs.
- ComponentInstantiationUtility - Static C# class that allows you to instantiate pre-parented components as game objects with one easy line of code.
- CustomRandom - C# Random number generator, when you must have a random number generator that works the same way on all platforms!
- DeepCopy - Creates a deep copy of an array or hashtable.
- deepSearch - Searches recursively from the parent down.
- ExtRandom - An extension to the Unity class Random
- FingerManager - Easily manage multi-touch phases for iPhone.
- HexConverter - Functions for converting decimal colors to hexadecimal... and back.
- HSBColor - This utility script provides a HSB color model in addition to Unity's built in RGB Color class.
- Interpolate - Interpolation utility functions for easing, Bezier splines, and Catmull-Rom splines.
- IsVisibleFrom - An extension method for checking if an Renderer is rendered by a specific Camera.
- IPhoneToMouse - Replaces iPhoneInput commands with Input so you can use it in PC/Mac Version too.
- LABColor - This utility script provides an LAB color model. Lab color is designed to approximate human vision and so it aspires to perceptual uniformity.
- LanguageFilter - Removes badwords from strings using regular expressions.
- LayerMaskExtensions - Extension class to add usability and easier debugging to LayerMasks.
- Layers - A utility script for holding easily-accessible layers and easily creating masks.
- Mathfx - This script contains a growing number of small and useful math functions (short for Mathf eXtended).
- Matrix - A class for doing 3D matrix math against Vector3 objects.
- MazeGenerator - Randomly generates a maze.
- MD5 - Generate an MD5 hash for a string.
- MeshCreationHelper - Helper to create a new mesh from some mesh's submesh.
- MeshMerger - Draw a large number of meshes with a single draw call.
- MeshSmoother - Deformation of a mesh by applying Laplacian/HC-Algorithm Smoother, also script for finding adjacent vertices in a mesh.
- MeshSubdivision - Center and edge subdivision.
- MetadataSystem - Mechanism for ciphered, compressed preferences and declarative metadata system with runtime overrides.
- MetaMorph - MetaMorph is a Unity3d and Blender3d toolkit that allows mesh animation in Unity games using Blender shapekeys.
- ObjExporter - A simple utility class for exporting a mesh to an obj file.
- ObjExporterColorUvs - Enhanced version of ObjExporter that also exports vertex color and multiple uvsets to an obj file.
- ObjImporter - Import .obj files at runtime.
- PlaySoundAtInterval - Plays a sound file at the specified intervals of time.
- PolyContainsPoint - Like Rect.Contains, except instead of a rect, you can define any arbitrary polygon.
- PolyOrderFixupOnImport - Replaces original polygon ordering in a mesh after possible unwanted optimizations by Unity.
- PrintPolyCount - Prints total vertex and triangle count in the object hierarchy.
- PropertyListSerializer - Loads and saves a .plist XML file to and from a hierarchical hashtable.
- ReflectedObject - Reflects a target object, providing quick access by name to reading/writing its fields/properties, and calling its methods.
- Set - A set data structure.
- Shell - A replacement for the built-in shell function removed from Unity 1.6.1.
- SimpleDictionary - Implements a simple dictionary-like object AND lets you save/load the dictionaries to text files.
- Simple LOD Manager - Script to handle arbitrary number and distances for Level-Of-Detail in models
- SpeedLerp - Replacements for Mathf.Lerp, InverseLerp, SmoothStep, etc. that are typically 1.5X faster or more. Also adds Vector2Lerp and SuperLerp.
- Startup Manager - A singleton class that handles starting up scripts in a sorted order based on a priority variable
- StringToValue - Functions for finding data within a string.
- StringUtil - Word wrap and line count functions.
- TextScanner - A utility class for parsing strings using std C sscanf format strings.
- TextureDrawCircle - A function that draws circles inside a texture.
- TextureDrawLine - A function that draws lines inside a texture.
- TextureScale - Resize textures, while scaling the contents using either bilinear or point filtering.
- TextureUtils - Functions for colorizing, masking, and merging textures at runtime.
- TileSelector - An Inspector extension that creates a pop-up window to select a tile or a NxM group of tiles from a main tileset, for use in a sprite object.
- TinyXmlReader - A class that reads XML text and parses it for use.
- Triangulator - A utility class for splitting a 2D polygon into triangles.
- UnitSphere - A collection of random unit vector generating functions. (C#)
- Unity_Custom_Input_Manager - Allows you to change input configuration on the fly. Default inputmanager only allows you to change on start.
- UnityPaint - A script to draw anti-aliased lines, brush strokes and vector lines on a texture.
- UVTransfer - Editor script to transfer UVs between two models.
- VertexInfo - Displays the vertex numbers of a mesh at the runtime.
- XKCDColors - A collection of 948 color constants, from the xkcd color survey (C#).
Really Simple Scripts
- 3DMenu - A simple main menu for 3d text in your scene
- ConstantVelocity - Set a local velocity to an object (useful for missiles perhaps?)
- Flashlight - Allows the switching on and off of a light in script.
- UpdatePump - Register any method in any object to be called in one of Unity's update loops.
- OnCollideExplode - Spawn a prefab (explosion) on collision, and remove the GameObject from the game.
- OnCollideSound - Spawn a prefab (preferably a sound) if a collision is over a certain magnitude.
- OnExplosionEffect - Give an explosive effect over an area.
- OnMouseDown - Sends OnMouseDown messages on an iPhone.
- PointerManager - Hides the mouse pointer when it is not in use.
- SwitchCamera - Switches between cameras in your scene.
- Teleporter - Teleport all objects from one place to another.
- Accessing number of drawcalls from script - Retrieve the number of drawcalls for statistical purposes
- Calculating Lead For Projectiles - These script fragments allow you to add some lead ahead of the target allowing projectiles/missiles to collide with the target. Uses a quadratic rather than an iterative solution.
- Load Data from Excel 2003 - This script allows you to load information from excel spreadsheets into Unity, written in C#.
- Save and Load from XML - This script allows you to save and load data from an XML file, written in C# (JS version included).
- Save and Load from XML U3 Collections - Save and load all game objects in a scene, modify the code to add in what you want saved about the game object, written in C#.
- AspectRatioEnforcer - Force the screen to a desired aspect ratio, using letterboxing/pillarboxing as necessary.
- CameraGradientBackground - A simple two-color gradient background for your camera.
- CarSmoothFollow - A smooth car follow script that dampens height, rotation and velocity based distance.
- CrossFade - Smoothly fade the view from one camera to another.
- CrossFadePro - Smoothly fade the view from one camera to another, with motion in both cameras.
- DreamWipe - Fade the view from one camera to another, with the wavy distortion seen with dream sequences or flashbacks
- FadeInOut - Fade a full-screen image in or out, good for fade in outs.
- Floating Origin - Translates everything so that the camera stays at the origin to resolve spatial jittering in large scale games.
- FlyThrough - A basic fly through camera movement like the one within the editor.
- Headbobber - Make an object bob up and down smoothly when you're pressing one or both of the horizontal/vertical axes.
- KeyboardOrbit - Tweaked version of the MouseOrbit script that allows keyboard control (or whatever is bound to the "Horizontal" and "Vertical" axes)
- KeyboardCameraControl - A C# script allowing various configurations for keyboard camera control. Also handles left keyboard modifiers (Alt,Ctrl,Shift)
- MinimapCamera - This script can be attached to a camera to provide some basic minimap functionality such as zooming and a full-screen toggle.
- MouseCameraControl - A C# script allowing various configurations for mouse camera control. Also handles left keyboard modifiers (Alt,Ctrl,Shift)
- MouseLookPlus2 - A modification of MouseLookPlus to allow for moving and strafing the camera.
- MouseOrbitImproved - Improved version of the original MouseOrbit script. Zooms with the mousewheel and uses linecast to make sure that object isn't behind anything.
- MouseOrbitZoom - A camera that combines orbiting zooming and panning, initially set up to mimic the 3dsMax camera controls.
- MultipleCameraSwitcher - A script that allows you to switch between different cameras in your scene. Supports four camera views that can be toggled with a button.
- OffsetVanishingPoint - Sets the vanishing point of a camera to an arbitrary position.
- RectangleWipe - Make an animated rectangular zooming screen wipe from one camera to another.
- ScreenWipes - Base script used by CrossFade, CrossFadePro, DreamWipe, RectangleWipe, ShapeWipe, and SquishWipe.
- ShapeWipe - Make an animated screen wipe, where an arbitrary shape containing the second view zooms in or out, and rotates.
- SmoothFollow2 - This is designed to make a camera smoothly follow a ship in space.
- SmoothFollowWithCameraBumper - Based on SmoothFollow2, this features a bumper mechanism to prevent the camera from going through
- SmoothFollowAdvanced - Based on SmoothFollow2 & SmoothFollowWithCameraBumper, this features a design capability and controller input.
- SmoothLookFrame - Looks at a target but tries to keep another target within the camera's view.
- SmoothMouseLook - Modified version of MouseLook.cs script included in Unity's Standard Assets. It moves the camera with an easing effect.
- SquishWipe - Make an animated screen wipe from one camera to another, where the first image is squished out of view.
- StaticBackground - Use a static image as the background to your 3d scene.
- TouchLook - Use the iOS touches to rotate the camera
Character Controller Scripts
- A* Pathfinding - An A* pathfinding-system for out-of-the-box pathfinding in Unity.
- AimDownSights - An expansion script for the FPSWalker that smoothly animates aiming down the sights of an attached gun model.
- Biped Parts Finder - Editor script for search simplification of parts of a biped body.
- Click To Move - Moves an object towards the mouse position when the Left Mouse Button is clicked
- ClickCharacterController - Uses Locomotion to move a character to the point the Left Mouse button is clicked
- DoubleJumpController - A hack for the 2d gameplay tutorial character controller script, it allows the character to make a second jump when jumping, or make a little jump when falling.
- Finite State Machine - A simple Finite State Machine framework to control NPCs.
- Force2D - Constrain a GameObject to move in two dimensions.
- FPSWalkerEnhanced - Adds features to standard FPSWalker, such as sliding down slopes, falling damage, and walk/run modes
- Gesture_Recognizer - A math based gesture recognition script.
- GridMove - A controller for character movement typically seen in old-school 2D RPGs and strategy games.
- HeadLookController - A component that can be used to make a character look towards a specified point in space, smoothly turning towards it with for example the eyes, head, upper body, or whatever is specified.
- JCar - A car using wheel colliders.
- KeyCombo - A class that can be used to detect fighting-game style combos.
- LookAtMouse - Cause an object to rotate toward the cursor, along the y axis.
- Pathfinding - [Old] A pathfinding-system using raycasting to avoid obstacles
- PhysicsFPSWalker - Another physics based fps walker script.
- RigidbodyFPSWalker - An physics based FPS walker that works with rigidbodies and thus is affected by forces, joints or other rigidbodies
- SeekSteer - A class that can be used to move an object to follow a loose path of waypoints
- ShipControls - Place this script on a RigidBody for 2D spaceship controls like OverWhelmed Arena.
- SimpleTankController - A script that emulates simple tank movement.
- VariableSpeedFPSwalker - An FPS walker script having different speeds for walking forward, strafing, and back-pedalling.
- WaypointMaster - Implementation of A* algorithm, based on waypoints.
- AniMate - Script to quickly and easily create animations/tweens of almost any value and including eased, rigidbody and rotation animation.
- AnimationStepSync - Repositions object after animation ends - useful for positioning via animations.
- iTween - Focusing on the established solutions and frameworks of projects such as TweenLite, Tweener, and other tweening systems, iTween is a battle-tested solution for streamlining production in the Unity3D environment.
- MoveObject - Basic functions for when you just need to move something from point A to point B, or rotate by a given number of degrees, without anything fancy.
- Tween - An adaptation of the Tweener class of FLASH for unity.
Graphical User Interface Scripts
- AutoType - Automaticly types a string of text typewriter style.
- Box_Script - Use this system to easily make simple GUI elements in nice looking boxes with buttons that actually do something useful. All generated at runtime from a MenuStyle.
- Button - Use this script on a guiTexture object for regular push buttons that send a message when clicked.
- Custom_2D_Pointer - Make a custom pointer that changes shape at the edges of the screen.
- Custom Mouse Pointer - Make a custom pointer that and draw it over OnGUI Elements.
- CustomScrollView - Helper-class that implements a scrollview where you can explicitly hide/show the scrollbars. Done with two nested groups
- DraggableGUIElement - Click and drag on GUITexture or GUIText to move it around the screen.
- DragSlider - Use this script with a pair of GUITextures to make a functioning slider.
- DMGInput - Passthrough for the Input.GetMouseButton* functions that will allow you to ignore clicks on registered GUI Rects. (Ex: Click on GUI, and not on the object behind in the scene.
- Fade - General routines that allow fading of GUITextures or materials (including GUITexts) from anywhere, both in and out and using either alpha or colors, with optional easing.
- FadeIn - Allows you to show/hide a GUIText or GUITexture when pressing a key/button.
- FileBrowserWithColumns - Columns style file browser, allows the user to open and save files/folders from a Finder like GUI.
- ForwardAllMouseEvents - Send mouse events to some sort of controller type GameObject.
- GetTimeString - A simple function that can be placed anywhere and used to display times. Useful for racing games.
- GUIBuilder - Generic classes for easing the pain of GUI creation. (BETA)
- GUIFly - Use this script on an object to make it respond to a "Fly" message so that it may move on and off the screen in a pleasing manner.
- GUIHelpers - a simple static class for helpers, AlignRect to start.
- GuiRatioFixer - Use on a GUIText / GUITexture object to automatically adjust aspect ratio
- GuiRatioFixer2 - Alternate script based on screen's aspect to use on a GUIText / GUITexture object to automatically adjust aspect ratio
- GUIScaler - Automatically scale a GUITexture with the screen size / resolution
- GUITextField - A wrapper for GUI.TextField / GUILayout.TextField that implements focussing, allowing text to be "committed" only when the field is unfocussed (very useful for networking code).
- MainMenu - Shows how delegation works in C# in order to switch between different menus on the fly easily
- ObjectLabel - Makes a GUIText label follow an object in 3D space. Useful for things like having name tags over players' heads.
- ScaledRect - A static class that formats Rect values and rescales them based on output screen resolution, handy for dynamically scaling all OnGUI elements.
- ScreenShotMovie - Captures a screenshot sequence for use when making a movie
- SplashScreen - Fade a splash logo in, wait for a certain interval, then fade out, while the next level is loaded.
- TakeScreenshot - Captures sequentially numbered screenshots when a function key is pressed.
- Timer - Attach to a GUIText object to create a fade-able timer.
- ToggleButton - Extends the Button class to create a toggle button.
Unity 2.0 GUI Scripts
- Blinking Text Entry Cursor - Make your cursor blink on input fields
- CustomGetMouseButtonDown - custom wrapper functions for Input.GetMouseButton(Down) which can be modified to block clicks when over a window
- DrawLine - Draws a line in the GUI (makes up for the severe lack of an equivalent function in the GUI class).
- DropDownList - A hierarchy based drop down list that works like the Hierarchy window in Unity.
- FileBrowser - Implement a crude file browser.
- GUICam - Holds GUIRect a rectanle of camera pixelRect in GUI oriented co-oridinates (0,0) is top left
- GUIExtensions - A library of GUI extensions to fill in some missing gaps. Notably: TextArea that auto-selects on focus.
- GUIx - extended GUI functions
- ImprovedFileBrowser - A much better file browser.
- ImprovedSelectionList - A list of elements that can be selected and optionally double-clicked
- IOSTextField - Text fields for iOS with specialized keyboard configurations
- Marquee - Creates a scrolling label that moves from left to right across the screen.
- PasswordField - Allows the user to type in a field masked by *'s (or any other character) [Unity has this built-in now. Leaving it as an example of more complex widget construction, but shouldn't be preferred for actual usage.]
- PauseMenu - Standard pause menu used by Fugu Games for web players and widgets
- PopupList - A button that pops up a selectable list when clicked
- Position To Rect - Convert a GUITexture position to Rect (GUI coordinates)
- SelectList - A list of elements of which one can be selected.
- WithPrefs - Functions that change values and modifies preferences in one simple step
Heads Up Display Scripts
- FramesPerSecond - Use this script on a GUIText object to display FPS counter.
- MessageDisplayer - Use this script on a GUIText object to have a self-disappearing list of status messages.
- MessageList - Create a list of timed self-fading messages.
- Radar - Use this script on a GameObject to display a radar.
Editor GUI Scripts
- EditorGUIExtension - Some extensions to make coding the GUI for utilities/custom inspectors easier.
- TransformInspector - Reverse engineered version of the Unity 3 Transform component inspector. Makes extending the default inspector much easier.
- Custom Inspector Inspector - (snippet) Show a control for editing the custom inspector within the inspector itself. Handy while writing one.
- Element Table Representation - A custom control that lets you display data structs in a table with editable elements.
- WithProgressBar - A stunningly easy way to throw a real progress bar on... almost anything. Extends IEnumerable "with a progress bar".
General Purpose Effect Scripts
- 3D Physics Based Rope - Creates a rope using physics and the TubeRenderer (Use included modified code).
- Animating Tiled texture - A texture made of many tiles animated through setting the uv offsets
- Animating Tiled texture - Extended - Use one animation cell-sheet texture for many animations and skins.
- Animated Color Procedural Texture - A simple script to make limitless number of textures based on 2d graphs
- CameraFacingBillboard - Use this script on a billboard or similar object to make it align itself with the camera.
- CameraRenderSettings - Allows storing seperate render settings per camera - an extended version of the Fog Layer script above.
- Character Shadow - Cast shadows from an object! (requires Unity Pro)
- DoFAutoFocus - An autofocus component for the Pro Depth of Field (DoF) Imageeffect (C#)(Pro).
- Flickering Light - Adds flickering effect to Light object. Flicker styles are Campfire and Fluorescent.
- Flocking - A flocking script with randomness and target following.
- Fog Layer - Lets you determine per camera if fog should be enabled or disabled
- LineRenderer Rope - Creates a rope using physics and the LineRenderer component.
- LookAtCameraYonly - Use this script on a billboard or other object to have it face the camera but only rotate on the Y axis.
- MeleeWeaponTrail - A smoothed TrailRenderer meant for melee weapons of animated 3d models. Based on TimeBasedTrailRenderer.
- MarchingSquares - MarchingSquares (2D Surface Reconstruction)
- MeshMorpher - A Mesh Morpher script with scripting API
- MetaBalls - 3D Metaballs
- MorphTargets - Improved MeshMorpher script with multiple blendable targets
- Noise Library - LibNoise ported to Unity. Perlin, Multirigged Fractal, Voronoi, Billow
- Open Source Particle System - A custom particle system that exposes particle movement deltaTime among other things.
- OptimizedTrailRenderer - Started from Yoggy's trail renderer above, this one updates every frame and is built for one-time use.
- Particle Spiral Effect - Particle effect script for creating spirals, whirlpools, galaxies, etc.
- Perlin Noise - Noise functions for smoothly moving objects around or anything else
- ReverseNormals - Reverses normals & back face culling of a mesh
- Scrolling UVs - C# script that smoothly scrolls a material's UVs in an arbitrary direction. Supports arbitrary material names and material indices.
- SetRenderQueue - Sets the render queue for transparency sorting on an object or all of its children.
- Shadow Volumes in Alpha - Shadow volume based shadows (requires Unity Pro)
- Skinned Morph Targets - A set of scripts for morphing skinned meshes, including support for animating blend shapes together with skeletal animation.
- SoftBodies - Cloth, Springy Noodles, Jello Blocks, etc..
- StopEmittingAfterDelay - After a configurable delay, particles will fade naturally, then finally the object will get destroyed with autodestruct.
- Spline Controller - Interpolates any GameObject along a user-defined spline
- SVG - Render SVG Files.
- TextureMask - A simple shader for masking off areas of a texture.
- Texture swap animator - Feed it a bunch of textures and it will cycle through them. Useful for simple animations not on a texture atlas.
- TubeRenderer - LineRenderer too flat? Make it a tube instead.
- TimeBasedTrailRenderer - The Built in trail renderer does not fade its segments based on the time they have been alive. This one does.
- Trail Arc Renderer - Designed for melee trail swings, this creates a trail using Catmull-Rom spline interpolation
- Underwater Script - Simple underwater effects script. Works with indie!
- VectorLine - Renders a 2D vector line with an arbitrary width, color, and number of segments (requires Unity Pro)
Image Postprocessing Effects
These scripts require Unity Pro.
- BloomEffect (OBSOLETE) - Sometimes referred to as "glow", use this effect to make bright parts in your scene bleed. This script is made obsolete by the GlowEffect shipped with Unity 1.5.
- BoostColors - A very simple and fast way to boost the contrast of saturation of the graphics in your game.
- InvertCamera - A simple script that will invert everything rendered by a camera.
Physics / Simulation
- CollisionIgnoreManager - Script to manage ignoring collisions between groups of colliders.
- ComplicatedRigidbodyControl - Attach a rigidbody to an arbitrary transform, or a method to make rigidbodies never overshoot.
- DontGoThroughThings - Script that uses raycasting to avoid fast-moving objects going through obstructions.
- DragObject - Similar to DragRigidbody (drag rigidbodies around with the mouse), but much more stable and with more direct control.
- JiggleBone - Script to add secondary jiggle motion to bones (breast bounce dynamics, hair, etc)
- Compass - This script simulates a compass with North relative to the Z axis of a reference object
- DayNightController - Implements a Day/Night cycle relative to the game world, with a World-Time clock, and optional Direcitonal Light control.
- GameTime - This script rotates a directional light to match the rotation of the sun based on the system time.
- GPS Global Positioning System - This script simulates a GPS device providing real world GPS locations based on a reference point
- Gravity - Simulates body-to-body gravity (i.e. planetary gravity)
- IMU Inertial Measurement Unit - This script simulates an IMU providing velocities and accelerations of the object it is attached to in the objects local frame.
- OpenStreetMap for unity iPhone - A simple OpenStreetMap script for unity iPhone
- SICK Laser Scanner - This script simulates the SICK LMS type planar laser scanner
- Simple planetary orbits - Visually define the orbital path of one object around another fixed object, like a planet around the sun
- sunLight - A script that rotates a directional light based on longitude/latitude.
- Trajectory Simulation - Demonstrates simulating the trajectory of a launched object
- WheelColliderSource - Source code based off the Unity3D WheelCollider and associated classes.
- NetworkView_Position_Sync - Network position interpolation, extrapolation, packet timestamp preservation and more in non-authoritative applications
- CookieCutter - Access browser cookies from Unity web players.
- CSVReader - Simple script to read CSV and TSV text files and output a 2D String array.
- FeedMe - A simple XML "feed" displayer which uses TinyXmlReader
- GetXMLHack - Get XML data into the web player using browser script instead of WWW() (which has been buggy for me!)
- Json - Another JSON script
- JSONParse - A robust, simple JSON Parser written in UnityJS.
- MeshSerializer2 - Save Unity meshes to files for the Web, load them with WWW interface.
- MeshSerializer - an old version of the same (simpler format, but larger file sizes)
- MoreJSONScripts - Yet another JSON Script
- PlayerPrefsx - ( Now obsolete in Unity 2.1) An extension to CookieCutter which allows you to save data in both standalones and cookies for the web without having to think about it.
- Server Side Highscores - A complete tutorial for implementing a server side php script for storing high scores and how to post the scores to the server.
- UnityLitJSON - A fork of LitJSON that's been edited to work with Unity.
- UnityObject - A nice & clean way to embed .unityweb in your web browser. Plugin Detection, Communication, Clean HTML
- VersionCheck - A very basic version checker. This can be used to check if the version of the game the user is running is the latest, and if not, send them to a URL to download the latest.
Unity 1.x Networking Scripts
- NetworkCursor - Serverless realtime networking. An example where one Unity instance controls another via a TCP/IP socket. Could be expanded to do many types of realtime networking.
- Sender - Uses a Server to send data from the parent object to whatever is on the other end of the connection.
- Server - TCP network host, based on NetworkCursor, but expanded to do more.
- Simple TCP/IP Client - Server - This contains source code for C# that you can use to create a server for Windows and a DLL in C# that you can use with Unity
- JukeboxController - A very basic jukebox class. This can be used to manage multiple audio clips across different levels.
- Loudness - Better control of AudioSource.volume and AudioListener.volume.
- Sound Manager - a simple jukebox script with crossfading and event-driven music "interrupts".
- Volume Slider - fade or increase a sounds volume smoothly over time
- AllocationStats - Utility for showing how much memory your application has allocated.
- DetectLeaks - a simple GUI script for displaying the amount of objects currently loaded by type
- DebugConsole - A script to allow scrolling feedback from your scripts.
- DrawArrow - builds upon Debug.DrawRay() to add arrowheads at the tip
- NUnit - de-facto standard for unit testing in .NET
- Profiler - a simple c# script for profiling the performance of scripts, based on tags
- Reporter - a simple delayed action system info script that could be used for support purposes
- UUnit - a Simple xUnit framework that can be run inside Unity.
- SharpUnit - a unit testing framework adapted from UUnit but written in C#. Can also be run inside Unity3D.
- TestStar - full featured editor extension inspired by UUnit/SharpUnit. Uses NUnit to provide assert syntax. (non free)
- CombineChildrenBones - Similar to MeshMerger, this script combines MeshFilter meshes into a single skinned mesh and then tracks transform changes
- CombineSkinnedMeshes - A Script that allows to combine multiple skinned meshes to just one SkinnedMeshRenderer. Useful for Avatar System!
- SkinMeshCombineUtility - Script to work with CombineSkinnedMeshes.
- SpriteManager - A script that allows many independently-moving 2D sprites to be drawn using a single draw call. This is particularly useful to increase iPhone performance.
- StaticPerformanceOptimization - A script that optimizes performance statically based on the users graphics card by dropping terrain resolution and quality settings
- AddChild - Adds an empty GameObject as a child of each selected object.
- AddComponentRecursively - Adds a component to an object, and all the children of that object.
- AssetPathPrinter - Prints to console and copys to clipboard asset paths for all selected project window items
- AutoMeshCollisionCreator - Automatically convert mesh from 3D Package into Mesh Collider on Import.
- AutoSave - Editor script for automatic saving the scene and assets with an interval.
- Bake Material to Texture - Allows to bake complex materials into a single texture. Can be useful for converting assets from Desktop to Mobile (Pro Only)
- BoxColliderUtilities - Allows to scale or rotate BoxColliders side-aligned
- BuildAssetBundlesFromDirectory - Creates Asset Bundles from all files in a Directory (Pro Only)
- Camera view window - Shows the rendered image of any camera that has this script on, the window is displayed inside the scene view.
- CopyTransform - Copies the local transform of the selected game instance in the scene and then pastes it into another one you select.
- CountLines - Count all the files and lines in your project
- CreateGameObjectLocal - Creates a new empty GameObject under the active GameObject (GameObject in the Inspector). Has Undo, menu shortcut and a prefab disconnection warning.
- CreatePrefabFromSelected - Creates a prefab containing the contents of the currently selected game object.
- Create project directories - Simple script which creates various directories under your Assets folder, best used when creating a new project.
- DeleteComponentsInChildren - Helps to delete a special type of components which are attached to the children of the selected Gameobject.
- DeleteMyPlayerPrefs - Deletes playerprefs for the editor via a menu item
- EdgeAlignerTool - A tool to align one or more edges of the AABB of a selected game object to those of the AABB of another selected game object
- EncloseTerrain - A simple script to enclose your terrain in a wall.
- ExportNormalmap - Exports the normalmap generated from a grayscale texture.
- ExportOBJ - Wraps the Utility script ObjExporter.cs (above), adding File/Export/Wavefront OBJ menu item.
- ExportVisualStudio - Creates Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010 projects. Designed for minimal friction for non-techy people.
- Expose_properties_in_inspector - Small script collection which exposes properties ( get/set accessors ) in the inspector.
- FbxAnimListPostprocessor - Import a list of splitted animations for FBX 3D models.
- FindObjects - Find objects by name or attached component type.
- GetBBox - Find the bounding box of the selected game object (including any children)
- GetSize - Get the size in game units of a selection.
- HeightmapFromGridFloat - Applies the selected GridFloat file (topo data from USGS seamless server) as a heightmap to the active terrain.
- HeightmapFromTexture - Applies a selected texture as a heightmap to the active terrain.
- HierarchyFastHide - Makes list in window of game objects that have Mesh Renderer and adds toggle for user to turn it on and off. In Alpha State, but working with some limitations.
- HierarchySelectObject - Editor script that automatically selects and scrolls to the desired gameObject in the hierarchy window.
- InsertParent - An alternative to the built-in Make Parent command, this script inserts a new GameObject which becomes the parent of all selected objects.
- InvertSelection - Inverts the editors hierarchy selection
- iPhoneTextureImportSettings - iPhone specific script to change texture import settings for multiple textures at once.
- Layer Search - Search objects in the scene by Layer.
- LoadSceneAdditive - Loads a selected scene into the current scene. Good for copying scenes.
- Mac App Store PostProcessor - Post Processing Build Script to auto-sign and auto-package your game for the Mac App Store.
- Macros - Execute arbitrary code snippets.
- MassMaterialEditor - Affect the some settings of the RenderSettings and Materials of selected objects simultaneously.
- MassSetMaterials - Sets the materials of all selected objects simultaneously.
- Mesh2Collider - Use an external 3D app to model and place primitive colliders.
- MoveToOrigin - Moves the selected GameObject(s) to (0, 0, 0).
- MultipleObjectsToLayer - an editor utility that lets you move multiple selected objects into a layer at the same time.
- New Skybox Generator - Generates Skybox by rendering 6 images and combining them with skybox material. Select multiple scene objects to render Skyboxes from multiple locations. (Pro Only)
- Normalize - Normalize terrain
- Notes - Allows you to add notes to any GameObject.
- Object2Terrain - Convert a standard mesh object to a Unity terrain.
- OpenVisualStudioProject - Open the current visual studio project (To launch Express).
- PixelLightMapper - A pixel based light mapper for Unity.
- RaiseHeightmap - Raises or lowers the entire terrain by a specified amount.
- REPL - Editor panel that lets you interactively edit and run C# code.
- SaveFontTexture - Saves auto-generated bitmaps that Unity makes from vector fonts as .png files so they can be edited externally
- SceneDumper - Dump information about the scene to a text file.
- CreateScriptableObjectAsset - Easily create an asset file of a ScriptableObject-inheriting class instance in Unity's intuitive style.
- SelectByComponent - Selects all gameobjects in the scene which have the declared component type attached.
- SetGOFlags - Set or Clear 'Static', 'Active', 'Cast Shadow', 'Receive Shadow' on selected objects (and their children)
- Skybox Generator - Generates the 6 images necessary to create a Skybox in Unity. (Pro Only)
- SnapToGrid - Snaps objects to a grid in 3 dimensions.
- Take3DScreenshot - Take a "3d screenshot"; a series of screenshots captured while rotating around a given object. Useful for QTVR creation.
- TerrainImporter - Imports heightmaps and splatmaps from terrain applications.
- TerrainObjExporter - Exports Unity terrain objects as .obj files.
- TerrainPerlinNoise - Generates the terrain heights from a perlin noise function. **Warning: Uses Unity's undocumented Mathf.PerlinNoise() function. This may not work past Unity version 2.6.1**
- TextureImportSettings - Editor script to change texture import settings for multiple textures at once.
- TileManager - Lets you create objects aligned to a grid, align object to the grid, delete object from the grid.
- ToggleActiveRecursively - Activates/deactivates entire hierarchies at once.
- ToggleActiveRecursivelyAllGameObjects - Activates/deactivates entire hierarchies at once and for all selected game objects.
- TransformUtilities - Includes tools to Align objects, copy, randomize and add noise to their transforms.
- WorldUVs - UV maps meshes in world space, allowing textures in separate meshes to seamlessly line up with each other.
- UPPEditor - PlayerPrefs-file-editor. Allows you to view and edit UPP files within Unity.
- UnityAssetXrefs - Selects all reverse dependencies for the current selection in Project or Scene.
- opensteer .NET
- Ctrl-J Sample Projects (wheel collider car and other stuff)
- Mars Explorer Sample Project (offroad raycast car with buoyancy, flight, minimap, etc)
- Unity Custom Inputmanager: Customize inputs from keyboard,mouse & joystick (xbox controller supported) on the fly - also for webgames.