Welcome to the UnifyWiki
Visit User's Guide for usage and configuration help.
To create a new page, type in a title for your page in the URL bar after the "index.php/" like "index.php/NewArticle" then edit that page. It is a good idea to copy someone else's work onto your page at first to learn the layout etc.
- Headbobber - This script makes an object bob up and down smoothly when you're pressing one or both of the horizontal/vertical axes.
Character Controller Scripts
- Force2D - Place this script on a GameObject and have it constrained to two dimensions.
- ShipControls - Place this script on a RigidBody for 2D spaceship controls like OverWhelmed Arena.
- VariableSpeedFPSwalker - An FPS walker script having different speeds for walking forward, strafing, and backpedaling
- PhysicsFPSWalker - An FPS walker that works by physics and therefore gets friction info from other objects.
- DebugConsole - A script to allow scrolling feedback from your scripts. (Was DebugGUIController)
- AManagerClass - example on how to add easy access to a singleton class in a scene.
- ToggleGravity - example how to toggle a property, in this case the global gravity setting, by the left mouse button.
General Purpose Effect Scripts
- CameraFacingBillboard - Use this script on a billboard or similar object to make it align itself with the camera.
- LookAtCameraYonly - Use this script on a billboard or other object to have it face the camera but only rotate on the Y axis.
- Mathfx - This script contains a growing number of small and useful math functions. (Short for Mathf eXtended)
- StopEmittingAfterDelay - After a configurable delay, particles will fade naturally, then finally the object will get destroyed with autodestruct.
- Perlin Noise - Noise functions for smoothly moving objects around or anything else
Graphical User Interface Scripts
- Button - Use this script on a guiTexture object for regular push buttons that send a message when clicked.
- GuiRatioFixer - Use on a GUIText /GUITexture object to automatically adjust aspect ratio
- GuiRatioFixer2 - Alternate script based on screen's aspect to use on a GUIText /GUITexture object to automatically adjust aspect ratio
- ToggleButton - Extends the Button class to create a toggle button.
- FadeIn - Allows you to show/hide a GUIText or GUITexture when pressing a key/button.
Heads Up Display Scripts
- MessageDisplayer - Use this script on a GUIText object to have a self-disappearing list of status messages.
Image Postprocessing Effects (require Unity Pro)
- BloomEffect - Sometimes referred to as "glow", use this effect to make bright parts in your scene bleed.
- JukeboxController - A very basic jukebox class. This can be used to manage multiple audio clips across different levels.
- Built In Shaders - Here you can get all the shaders that are built into Unity... to work or learn from (Note: must log-in to the forum to see and download the file).
- LayerShader - A terrain shader for masking two tillable textures.
- AlphaSelfIllum - Textures object which is unaffected by light.
- TextureAdditive - Colors a object with a additive texture.
- SimpleAdditive - Colors a object with a single additive color.
- BlendedFlatColor - Colors a transparent object, good for HUD objects.
- BumpSpecModulate - Bump mapped shader that modulates between original texture color and "alpha color" based on alpha of main texture.
- TexturedFont - Use this shader in place of the built in Text Shader for multicolored fonts instead of solid colored ones.
- VegetationTwoPass - Great vegetation shader, renders opaque and then renders semitransparent.
- VegetationVertexLit - Vertex-lit shader with no culling that is ideal for vegetation and other two sided polygon models.
- UnlitAlpha - A non-backface culled, unilluminated, alpha tested shader which is suitable for sprites.
- BlendedDecal - Suitable for superimposing alpha-masked textured markings onto the same plane as another surface.
- WindowShader - Suitable for windows (the glass things in houses, not the darn Seattle company.)
3D Application Tips
- 3dApps - Which 3D applications are compatible with Unity.
- Blender - Some critical tips for using Blender with Unity.
- Maya - Tips and tricks for using Maya with Unity
2D Application Tips
Audio Application Tips
- Customized Packaging - How to customize the Unity packaging process, which occurs after a build.
- Font Creation - An Adobe Illustrator template file to help create font textures.
- Window Layout - Shows how to achieve three tall columns and a horizontally split view.
- VRAM tips - Chart of texture compression sizes in VRAM
- Playing Your Game From A Text Editor - An AppleScript which starts your Unity game from within your text editor.
- Moving and Copying Unity Assets - Don't use the Finder!
These scripts go in the Assets/Editor folder of your project and require at least version 1.2 of Unity.