|Line 46:||Line 46:|
Revision as of 20:33, 18 December 2005
Welcome to the UnifyWiki
Visit User's Guide for usage and configuration help.
Character Controller Scripts
- ShipControls - Place this script on a RigidBody for 2D spaceship controls like OverWhelmed Arena.
- Force2D - Place this script on a GameObject and have it constrained to two dimensions.
- VariableSpeedFPSwalker - An FPS walker script having different speeds for walking forward, strafing, and backpedaling
- AManagerClass - example on how to add easy access to a singleton class in a scene.
General Purpose Effect Scripts
- StopEmittingAfterDelay - After a configurable delay, particles will fade naturally, then finally the object will get destroyed with autodestruct.
- LookAtCameraYonly - Use this script on a billboard or other object to have it rotate on the Y axes and always face the camera.
- Mathfx - This script contains a growing number of small and useful math functions. (Short for Mathf eXtended)
Graphical User Interface Scripts
- Button - Use this script on a guiTexture object for regular push buttons that send a message when clicked.
- ToggleButton - Extends the Button class to create a toggle button.
- GuiRatioFixer - Use on a GUIText /GUITexture object to automatically adjust aspect ratio
Heads Up Display Scripts
- MessageDisplayer - Use this script on a GUIText object to have a self-disappearing list of status messages.
- Headbobber - This script makes an object bob up and down smoothly when you're pressing one or both of the horizontal/vertical axes.
- TexturedFont - Use this shader in place of the built in Text Shader for multicolored fonts instead of solid colored ones.
- VegetationTwoPass - Great vegetation shader, renders opaque and then renders semitransparent.
- VegetationVertexLit - Vertex-lit shader with no culling that is ideal for vegetation and other two sided polygon models.
3D Application Tips
- Blender - Some critical tips for using Blender with Unity.
2D Application Tips
Audio Application Tips
- Font Creation - An AI template file to help create font textures.
These scripts go in the Assets/Editor folder of your project and require at least version 1.2 of Unity.
- PlaceSelectionOnSurface - Takes the current selection and raycasts downward from each object and moves them to where they hit.