IPhone Optimization Tips
From Unify Community Wiki
Revision as of 14:24, 5 November 2010 by AnomalousUnderdog
- Ragdolls make the game significantly slower. Give the player the option to use ragdolls or not.
- Skinned Mesh Renderer:
- Set Quality to 1 Bone
- Uncheck Skin Normals
- Set iPhone Script Call Optimization to “Fast but no Exceptions”. Naturally, set it to “Slow and Safe” during debug.
- Don’t play new compressed music at the middle of the game, it freezes the game for a short duration. Play it at scene initialization instead.
- Remove most (or all) lights from your scene. Use baked lighting instead.
- In Project Settings > Time: Set Maximum Allowed Timestep to 0.1 bringing the game’s framerate to at least a guaranteed 10 fps minimum, assuming your bottleneck is coming from the physics. Use the profiler to find out where your bottleneck is.