From Unify Community Wiki
Revision as of 23:11, 28 April 2006 by NCarter
- Please spell check your additions and check punctuation and grammar to the best of your ability. The more people who do this the better the site will be.
- Please look at some similar topics to the one you would like to write for general guides on formatting if possible. If it isn't possible, then just perform your best and we can turn this Wiki into an excellent resource.
- Discussion and comments about a page belong in the separate discussion page. The more we can use useful features like this of MediaWiki the better our site will be. This one keeps the main page clean and the "TODO" in a concise spot. You can visit the discussion page for any page from the link at the top of the page.
- Don't use tabs in code examples. They are hard to type when editing in a browser and lines containing tabs have weird problems when combined with links generated by the syntax highlighter. If you have a script file with tabs and don't want to change that, you can copy the contents and then run the following line in a command shell before pasting it into the wiki: pbpaste | expand -t 4 | pbcopy (This example assumes you have set your editor to have a tab stop every 4 characters)
- Categories will help this project out in the long run. Please try to use them logically and look at existing pages for use examples in our project's context.
- Here is a page of typical formatting examples to help you to get started.