A shader for skin rendering. This one expands on Aras' SkinShader:
- It uses texture maps for doing wrapped ramp lighting (so you can tint the skin reddish for some real fake SSH)
- It has a falloff ramp texture so you can simulate bluening of the skin where at grazing angles.
- Full 2.0 shader - comes in diffuse / glossy with bumped and unbumped versions. They support shadows.
It is a pixel-lit shader that requires vertex&fragment programs. Otherwise it falls back to built-in shaders.
Download and install the package: Media:SkinShaders.unityPackage.zip
Assign one of the shaders from the Skin group in the material popup. The Shaders exposes 2 new textures compared to the normal shaders:
- Rim & Fresnel Ramp texture. Controls coloring of the skin at glazing angles. RGB should contain how the color changes, whereas alpha is used to implement fresnel falloff on specular. A "rimramp" texture is included in the package - assign this and then tweak from there.
- Wrap Ramp: The ramp gradient used for coloring - this is used to control fake SSS of lighting. Assign the "wrapramp" texture from the package, and then tweak from there.